Government representatives from 22 nations will be sharing real-world experiences and insights at the IGF’s 13th Annual General Meeting.
Panelists include senior policy-makers—like the Hon. Ernest Gbwaboubou, Cameroon’s Minister of Mines, Industry and Technological Development—technical experts ranging from geologists to environmental officers, and specialists working in areas ranging from mine closure to social services.
They will be representing the governments of: Cameroon, Canada, Denmark,* Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Fiji,* Germany, Ghana, Guyana,* Indonesia,* Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritania, Mongolia, Netherlands, Papau New Guinea, Peru, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Suriname.
Nations indicated with an * are not yet IGF members.
Here is a list of panelists who will be representing their governments. For more details, please view the 2017 AGM agenda.
- Hon. Ernest Gbwaboubou, Minister of Mines, Industry and Technological Development, Republic of Cameroon
- Hilary Morgan, Director of International Affairs and Trade Directorate of the Lands & Minerals Sector, Natural Resources Canada
- John Tychsen, Director, Development Projects, Geological Survey of Denmark and Greenland (GEUS)
- Alexander Medina, Director General of the Mining, Dominican Republic Ministry of Energy and Mines
- María Daniela Barragán Calderón, Subsecretaria de Minería Artesanal y Pequeña Minería, Ministerio de Minería, Ecuador
- Dr. Raijeli L. Taga, Director, Minerals Resources Department, Fiji
- Gudrun Franken, Head of Unit Mining and Sustainability, Federal Institute for Geoscience and Natural Resources (BGR), Germany
- Benjamin Aryee, Adviser on Mining, Ministry of Lands & Natural Resources, Ghana
- Justine Shirley Seyire Dzadzra, Principal Programme Officer, Mining Department, EPA, Ghana
- Godfrey Scott, Senior Environmental Officer, Guyana Geology Mines Commission
- Euliene Watson, Technical Officer, Ministry of Natural Resources, Guyana
- Yeni Srihartati, Head of Social Services, Community and Villages Empowerment Department in Belitung Timur Local Government, Indonesia
- Monica Gichuhi, Cabinet Secretary Advisor, Policy, Strategy and Institutional Reforms, Ministry of Mining, Kenya
- Gregory Kituku, Assistant Director of Mines, Ministry of Mining, Kenya
- Harivao Fenosoa Razanakolona Rajaonarisoa, Head of Department of Administration and Control of Operations, Interregional Directorate of the Ministry to the Presidency in charge of Mines and Petroleum, Madagascar
- Lassana Guindo, National Mine Closure Commission, Adviser to Secretary General, Mining, Mali
- Seydou Keita, Ingénieur Géologue, Conseiller technique, MEADD (Ministre de l’Environnement, de l’Assainissement et du Développement Durable), Mali
- Government of Mauritania (TBC)
- Sereenov Mandakhbat, Head of Legal Division, Ministry of Mining and Heavy Industry, Mongolia
- Ronald Roosdorp, Director for International Trade Policy and Economic Governance, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Netherlands
- Roger Gunson, Executive Manager, Regulatory, Mineral Resources Authority, Papua New Guinea
- Máximo Gallo, General Director, Ministry of Energy and Mines, Peru
- John Kanyangira, Director, Support Services in Mining Investment and Business Development, Government of Rwanda
- Ousmane Cisse, Director of Mines and Geology, Minière Ministère de l’Industrie et des Mines, Senegal
- Rokhaya Samba, Directrice chez Direction de la Prospection et de la Promotion Minière, Ministère de l’Industrie et des Mines, Senegal
- Sahr Wonday, Director General, National Minerals Agency, Sierra Leone
- Glenn Gemerts, Policy Advisor, Ministry of Natural Resources, Suriname