IGF, in partnership with the West African Economic and Monetary Union (UEMOA), is hosting a training workshop in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, from July 9 – 13, 2018. The workshop will focus on transfer pricing and others issues related to base erosion and profit shifting (BEPS) in the mining sector.
The workshop will cover a variety of topics, including:
- Introduction to OECD-IGF BEPS project in mining sector
- BEPS in the mining sector: risks on the value chain
- Overview of 10 main causes of BEPS in the mining sector, with a special focus on transfer pricing
- Excessive interest deductions
- Abusive transfer pricing
- Undervaluation of mineral exports
- Harmful tax incentives
- Tax stabilization
- International tax treaties
- Indirect transfer of mining assets
- Metals Streaming
- Abusive Hedging arrangements
- Inadequate ring-fencing
- Practical exercises and experience-sharing sessions
The workshop will provide an opportunity for participants to reflect on strategies to better address BEPS issues at national and regional level.
The agenda of the training is available in French here.